LISTENING TO THE CALLING OF YOUR INNER TEACHER ♡
Lava Lotus Yoga 200 hour Teacher Training program led by Lee Cardona certified e-500ryt instructor is a program that offers training with respected and knowledgeable teachers.
Our 200-hour Online Training program is an initiation into a deeper understanding of Yoga. It’s an infusion of wisdom that will empower a lifetime of learning, and also provide a solid foundation to launch your teaching career and deepen your spiritual path.
WHO IS THE PROGRAM FOR?
Anyone interested in deepening their understanding of yoga
Yogis wanting to start a career teaching yoga
Professionals who want to integrate yoga into their current profession
Anyone seeking personal health and self-empowerment.
WALK YOUR YOGIC PATH
Whatever Yogic vision you hold for yourself, we will help you walk your path from the moment you begin with Lava Lotus Yoga through your process of becoming the Yogi and teacher you yearn to be (if you choose to teach!) Straight to the moment your classroom is filled with students who are ready to learn from you.
STUDY WITH EXPERIENCED and CARING TEACHERS
Our teacher training team beginning with our lead teacher Lee Cardona are Yoga Alliance certified and have walked and taught the Yogic path with many years of experience. We know the journey intimately as devotees, practitioners, teachers, trainers, and as our career calling – and we can support you every step of the way.
THE TEACHER TRAINING EXPERIENCE
The Lava Lotus Yoga 200-hour Yoga Teacher Training will clarify the art and science of teaching Yoga including modifications. You’ll gather the knowledge and practice to become an exceptional Hatha yoga & Vinyasa teacher.
The synergy of physical science and ancient wisdom illuminated through the presence of a passionate teacher.. This is the science of exceptional Yoga teaching.
Areas of Study your experienced leaders will guide you thru:
Clarify the Science of the Body
• Nutrition and Lifestyle
• Understand anatomy of asana and alignment
• Relate the systems of the body to a Yoga practice
• Recognize the mechanics of safe sequencing
• Understand teacher/student respectful boundaries
• Know when and how to give optimal adjustments
• Learn basic asana modifications
Access the Esoteric Teachings
• Learn & make sense of subtle anatomy, including the chakras
• Study Sanskrit and correct pronunciation
• Unveil the practical wisdom of the Yoga Sutras & other Yogic scriptures
• Explore methods of Pranayama and Meditation creating a complete Yogic practice
• Learn & appreciate the historical/ philosophical context of modern Yoga
Reveal Your Professional Inner Teacher
• Discover your teaching voice, and strengthen your presence as a teacher with confidence.
• Introduce class themes and refine your presentation
• Develop business savvy and succeed as an ethical professional
• Understand and Respond to the unique needs of students & special populations (kids, prenatal and more)
The Lava Lotus Yoga200-hour Yoga Training Program will teach you to create a Yoga practice for others and for yourself that consistently delivers the synergy of an indescribable uplifting experience.
WELL ROUNDED SUPPORT
Our Teacher Training program is a life-changing opportunity. As you look deep within yourself and commit to your own evolution, you’ll make subtle shifts in support of your growth. New inspiration will replace old habits. Throughout the process our teachers and support staff will provide a safe and accepting environment for you to step into the you that’s unfolding.
SUPPORT FROM COMMUNITY
In addition to the warm welcome of our Lead trainer and our team you’ll also receive the support of your fellow students. You’ll journey through your training with a group of peers who share your passion – a group just big enough to practice with a diversity of yogis and backgrounds, yet cozy enough to get to know your companions, and even form lifelong friendships.
You’ll study deeply, practice intently, and try your new teaching skills on your fellow teachers-in-training. Your peers and teachers will offer valuable feedback, so you’ll recognize your strengths and clearly see your path to improve.
SUPPORT FOR YOUR PRACTICE
Tuition includes unlimited online classes & in studio for the duration of your training. You’ll be expected to attend 6 classes via online or in studio each week during the training period, these classes vary from 30-90 min for versatility. Makeup option are available. Practice feeds the teacher and we support you in establishing the habit of regular Yoga practice. We also encourage you to observe your teachers’ classes so you can see everything you’re learning in action.
SUPPORT FOR YOUR SCHEDULE
We offer multiple course formats taught including online so your training can best fit your life’s schedule. Offering timeline Choices from either our summer immersive with solid weeks of intensive learning, or a more measured approach, with several weekend sessions over a season or two and plenty of time to practice in between. We will have courses beginning in Late Fall 2021 through 2022, so whenever you’re ready, we’re here to welcome you!
IMMEDIATELY TRANSITION INTO TEACHING
When you complete your course, you’ll have the solid foundation you need to begin teaching online or in your community right away. Our program offers Karma yoga teaching opportunities for graduates who wish to gain live teaching online experience & in a studio environment.
In the process you will:
• Practice your teaching and presentation skills
• Develop confidence as a teacher, and as a Yoga professional
• Lead real students with diverse bodies and backgrounds
• Recognize your teaching strengths, weaknesses and polish your technique
• We will cover the experience of working in a studio environment including Front desk & basic knowledge of the Mind body popular platform.
• Create connections in the yoga community
• Build your Yoga resume
• Support a good cause! Karma yoga classes donate 50% of the proceeds from your class to a nonprofit charity which we rotate monthly in hopes of helping others as much as we can.
CURRICULUM AND FACULTY
ASANA TEACHING METHODOLOGY & TECHNIQUES
Basic introduction to teaching yoga
• What makes a good teacher and how to teach effectively
• Public speaking: Voice, language and presence – how to find the best method for YOU!
• Basic asana alignment
• Breath in movement: Pranayama, Hatha yoga, Vinyasa and sun salutes
• Breath in Stillness: Meditation/ Mind-body connection
• Actions of the spine & observing student limitations
• Art of sequencing for different student levels and class lengths
• Components necessary to a well-rounded practice
• How to teach private classes and corporate classes
• Differentiating between Asana levels
• How to use props
• Teaching beginners
• Advanced poses
• Adjustments and corrections
• Class themes and presentation
• Meditation and pranayama
• Various Styles of Yoga/lineages
• The business and ethics of teaching yoga
• Prenatal yoga
• Bikram yoga
• Kids yoga
-Yin yoga & Restorative
- Sound Healing
• Introduction to human anatomy
• Forms of movements and planes
• The skeleton
• Body systems: Respiratory, circulatory, digestive, lymphatic and endocrine
• Connective tissue and skeletal considerations for specific asanas
• Anatomy of sequencing
• What is yoga?
• History and text overview: The Vedas, Upanishads, Bhagavad Gita and Hatha Yoga Pradipika
• History of modern postural practice
• What is hatha yoga?
• The subtle anatomy of hatha yoga: Pancha mayas and chakra system
• The Yoga Sutras of Patanjali
• Chanting the Yoga Sutras
• Pronunciation of yoga asana names
• Basic ayurvedic principles
*REQUIREMENTS TO RECEIVE YOUR CERTIFICATION:
Hours that need to be completed for the 200-hour Yoga Teacher Training include:
Techniques, Training and Practice- (100 Hours)
Teaching Methodology- (25 hours)
Anatomy and Physiology- (20 Hours)
Yoga Philosophy, Life Style & Ethics- (30 hours)
Karma Yoga- (5)
Additional Workshop: 3 hours
Remaining Hours: Assist in 3 classes, Observe 3 classes, Self Study practice
Students must attend 20 classes during the training program record on a provided sign sheet submit a short written reflection of the class.
LAVA LOTUS YOGA WILL PROVIDE A TEACHER TRAINING MANUAL INCLUDED IN WITH YOUR TUITION.
The following books are required reading, and can be purchased on Amazon.com via the links provided below.
Yoga Sutras of Patanjali – Any translation that resonates with you; our recommended translations include Mukunda Stiles, Swami Satchidananda and Edwin Bryant
Yoga Sequencing: By Mark Stephens
Anatomy of Hatha yoga: By H. David Coulter
Yoga: The Iyengar Way: by Silva, Mira and Shyam Mehta
Light on Yoga: B.K.S Iyengar & 1 more
- You’ll also need to bring a binder or journal to maintain lecture notes.
The studio & online chat rooms will be available for optional practice teaching time and mentoring throughout the program.
There may be occasional offsite classes. In general, classes will run scheduled times each day, but may be subject to change to accommodate teaching methodology. Trainees are expected to take at least three classes per week, other than those of which are lead by the lead teacher. with one of the program’s teachers.
All requirements and course work must be completed for certification.
COURSE DATES AND TUITION
PREDICTED 2021 DATES
ATTENTIVE FALL 2021 DATES & TUITION
$1,800 Early bird rate $2,000. regular rate $2,250 with payment plan
Tuition includes unlimited classes during Training
Spring 2020 Session(March 27th – June 28th)
The program will meet on select weekends every month starting March 2019 through June 2020.
SAT & SUN 9:00am-6:30pm (with a 12:00pm-1:00pm lunch break).
March 27 & 28, 2020 April 4 & 5, 2020
April 11 & 12, 2020
April 18 & 19, 2020
May 2 & 3, 2020
May 9, 2020 (Mother’s day Off)
May 16-17, 2020 May 23, 2020
May 30-31, 2020
June 13-14, 2020
June 27-28, 2020 (Graduation)
$2,800 Early bird rate if paid in full by February 7, 2020
$3,200 Regular rate if paid in full by March 7, 2020
$3,500 with payment plan (please inquire for details)
Tuition includes unlimited classes starting March 7 through June 28 with non–refundable $500 deposit.
Summer 2020 Intensive(July 11th – August 7th)
The program will meet Monday through Saturday starting July 2020 through August 2020.
Weekday hours are 9:00am-5:00pm (with a 12:00pm-1:00pm lunch break) with the exception of Tuesdays, which are 9:00am-6:00pm.
Saturday hours are 9:00am-1:00pm.
Saturday, July 11
Monday, July 13 – Saturday, July 18
Monday, July 20 – Saturday, July 25
Monday, July 27 – Saturday, August 1
Monday, August 3 – Friday, August 7 (Graduation)
$2,800 Early bird rate if paid in full by June 11, 2020
$3,200 Regular rate if paid in full by July 11, 2020
$3,400 with payment plan (please inquire for details)
Tuition includes unlimited classes starting July 1 through August 31.
Non–refundable $500 deposit required.
Start Your Journey Today!
Lee Cardona 🕉